Table of Contents
World of Guilds
- Use patreon to fund the server cost
- Have a page/website dedicated to how many people can play per the donations
- If you are paying you get prioritization when trying to log on.
- EVE does in game currency to pay for game time or the player can pay cash for game time
- game time is encoded as a number letter code that can be sold to someone else
- Single/co-op story play through
- Overworld - create your own story, i.e. eve online
- questing, scavenging, farming, building, waring
- Overworld - Something akin to animal crossing
- Overworld - buy/sell/craft anything, closed loop economy
- Standard MMORPG
- Guild quest is taken
- World of guilds is open
- guildabran is another option
- general to specialized
- If you craft something it gives you skills across the board in related crafting
- But if you continue to craft that something it starts specializing your ability
- but the general skill peaks for the other items.
- Spirit Guide, to give you guidance through the game.
- weapons, spells, etc, are 1-weak, up to 5-strong
- all attacks can be augmented.
- Spells are cards, instead of scrolls. Some art that represents the spell and the description text that tells you what it does.
- target lock
- you can buy and sell anything in the game
- you can craft anything in the game
- need a closed loop economy
- things can be created
- things can be destroyed
- weight, you can only carry so much
- but you can get a cart, wagon, caravan
- you have limited storage.
- storage, yourself, backpack, cart, wagon, caravan, house, bank
- everything can be stolen but a bank will be the hardest to steel from
- repair stuff
- scavenge - search wreckage for stuff. this wreckage could/should be dead players/npcs stuff.
- attack npcs
- traveling consumes energy. sleep, eat, restores
- quests can be filled before getting a quest, for example. you run across a bandit, kill them, head to the nearest town and see a wanted poster for them
- ctrl+b to bookmark location on a map…?
- based on reputation - if low for a city, you can disguise and go un-noticed.
- inner town is patrolled by knights that will keep bad people/animals away
- outer town is farm/housing knights patrol but sometimes bad people/animals get in
- just out of town is where bad people/animals may be higher is quantity. i.e. they hang out to caught people coming a going.
- also this is a transition zone of vegetation from farm to nature.
- towns will have a flag denoting faction owners, any town can be owned by any faction, except strong holds
- towns will be captured by occupying a town same as BF2 capture points
Things to build
- fence, stone wall, castle wall
- backpack, kart, wagon,
- shed, shack, house, village(town home)
- town hall, keep, castle
- catapult, trebuchet, ballista
- ladder, siege tower
- small boat, boat, ship, war ship
- mill(food), forge(smith), (clothing)
- these give a boost when crafting
Notes from eve
- system is equivalent to town
- each town has it's own auction house, which creates it's own market
- traveling between towns cost resources, fuel, time, wear and tear, etc.
- contracts, one player requests services of another player.
- contract to request help, help can be from other players or NPCs
- this help is for defense or faster mining/gathering/hunting/transport